Sharing the Love of Jesus Christ:
- Give NowAs once stated by a great missionary, “There are certain basic Christian truths about which there must be agreement. On all other doctrines, there should be liberty. In all things, there must be charity [love].”
- We resolve to take an uncompromising stand on the essential doctrines of the faith and extend “the right hand of fellowship” to all who hold to them.
- It is also our resolution to protect the liberty of Christians who hold different perspectives on the “non-essential” doctrines. Christ came to set the captive free, and in so doing, He reaches into every culture, demographic, and Bastille of sin with His unconditional love, breaking chains of bondage and bringing hope, healing, deliverance, and freedom everywhere His light penetrates the darkness.
- For some, darkness is changed into His glorious light quickly; for others, the change comes slowly over time, much like a dimmer switch being turned brighter over time. As we are all coming out of different degrees of darkness and at different growth rates, let us exercise love towards another as together we come fully into the light and clarity of the One who gave His life for us all. With that being said, the following is a statement that we at Heart of America Prison Ministries hold uncompromisingly to in our mission to share the love of Jesus Christ.
- Help us Transform a life behind bars today!
The following is a statement of our position of basic Christian doctrine.
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that one God is eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth according to the Scriptures, in His sinless life, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that regeneration by the Holy Spirit is essential for the salvation of lost and sinful men.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they are saved unto the resurrection of life and lost unto the resurrection of eternal separation from God (or damnation).